Dates for your Diary:
Halloween Dress Up Day - Friday 23rd October (optional)
Mid Term Break - 26th October to 30th October inclusive
Halloween Costume Day:
The Halloween Dress Up Day will take place again this year. The Dress Up Day will be held on Friday 23rd October.
School Personal Accident Insurance:
All pupils are insured under the 24 hour Pupil Personal Accident Insurance scheme. Please see attached summary of cover.
Parking - Reminder:
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you all to drive and park safely on drop off and collection. Self-responsibility is the rule of the day! As an adult, it is entirely your responsibility to adhere to the rules of the road when using the car-park facilities. Please take serious note of the requests highlighted as this will be the expected behaviour of all users of the car park, without exception.
1. As you approach the area in front of the school gate, be mindful of pedestrians.
2. Drive slowly and keep traffic flowing.
3. NEVER pull up in the area outside the main gate to ‘drop’ children, no matter how late/early you are. This behaviour is noted as a serious hazard to the safety of all.
4. Please park in one of the designated car-park spaces first before parking on the roadside.
5. Please escort your child to the school gate and do not delay in returning to your car and moving off to allow others to park. Please do not remain parked outside talking to other parents, etc.
6. Drivers should not let children out of the car without pulling in and parking the car properly.
7. Do not park on the double yellow lines.
The majority of drivers do park and behave responsibly and we thank those parents – but there is also a persistent and thoughtless minority who continue to ignore our requests for their own convenience. We would appreciate it if you could pass this message on to relatives/friends when dropping/collecting children. The Board of Management has been in contact with the Gardaí and have requested the presence of the Garda traffic unit while on the their community patrols. With a combined effort from the whole school community we can make the parking situation for our school alot safer for the children and the wider community.
It has been brought to our attention that these "unwelcome" visitors are about. We ask all parents to check their child's hair and to continue to do so on an on-going basis and treat accordingly.
Book Payment Fees:
We had hoped to have our epayments system up-and-running by now but we are nearly there. Our book fee for the 2020/2021 school year is €100 per child. €70 for your child's books + €30 photocopying, art supplies, school insurance, etc. If you are paying in cash, we ask you to kindly return your payment in an envelope marked with your child’s name and class. We hope to have our epayments system live in the coming days and will send a payment request when it's ready for those who wish to pay by card.
Guidance at present states that face-to-face parent teacher meetings should not occur at this time. We will defer our parent teacher meetings until February 2021. You will be informed when a date is arranged.
Have a lovely weekend.